In evidenza EN News

The virus heavily affects Baden-Württemberg: the CMT 2021 in Stuttgart canceled

single-image

The Stuttgart CMT was canceled. The news suddenly hit our editorial office, although the signs that something could happen had already been there last week, when some companies of the Hymer group, such as Laika and Bürstner, announced their absence at this event as well.

We didn’t make this decision easy for ourselves: CMT 2021 with exhibitors from over 100 countries will not take place as planned,” said Guido von Vacano, member of the management team at Messe Stuttgart. “In the past weeks and months, we have received a lot of encouragement and appreciation from all exhibitors and partners, and the number of registrations was excellent. Despite this tailwind, an approved safety and hygiene concept and the tireless efforts of all colleagues, the world’s largest public exhibition for tourism and leisure is unfortunately not taking place”.

The reasons for the cancellation decision were ultimately the number of infections and the developments surrounding the corona pandemic in Baden-Württemberg in the past few days. “It is important to us that our exhibitors and partners have planning security at an early stage. Due to the extremely dynamic and unpredictable developments of the corona pandemic, we have now decided to take this difficult step for everyone involved,” said von Vacano.

We deeply regret the cancellation. We would have liked to offer the tourism industry the urgently needed platform and also to promote the trend topic of caravanning. A big thank you to all exhibitors and partners who have placed their trust in us!,” said von Vacano.

At the same time, they are working on a CMT summer concept that could be a home for the tourism and caravanning industry on the Stuttgart exhibition center in spring or summer 2021.
In addition, those responsible have decided to cancel the Touristik & Caravaning in Leipzig (November 18-22, 2020) organized by Messe Stuttgart.

You may also like